So you might be surprised to learn the following are true:
- Over 70% of organisations have been compromised by a successful cyber-attack in the past 12 months.
- The average cost of a corporate data breach increased 15% in the last year.
- Security incidents caused downtime of more than 8 hours for 31% of impacted organisations.
- When looking at the number of breaches per asset category, servers have typically been on top – that is where the data is stored – but user devices have been growing over time.
- 66% of sensitive data is stored upon onsite servers.
- 92% of IT professionals believe that social networking increases the likelihood of a successful cyber-attack.
- The two most common insider threat scenarios involve perpetrators taking data to start their own competing company (30%), or to help secure employment with a rival (65%).
- Only 20% of IT security professionals are confident their organisation have made adequate investments in educating users on how to avoid phishing attacks.
- Attackers are getting better/faster at what they do at a higher rate than defenders are improving their trade.
- 56% of organisations say it is unlikely or highly unlikely that they would be able to detect a sophisticated attack.
For more information on how we can ensure your business keeps up to date to defend a cyber-attack, call your local TCT office today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: