12 Jun Stress less with Datto
This global uncertainty is stressful for many businesses. Everyone is doing it tough at the moment.
But Datto Business Continuity devices can remove some of that stress.
We know we are all living in unprecedented times, with many of us working from home and wondering if we are ever going to go back to the office anytime soon.
To ensure my business stays on top of all the cybercriminals, Datto advises that I need to have a proper cybersecurity plan in place.
- A good Firewall device – check
- A decent and reputable Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware software – check
- A solid and reputable Email Filtering product – check
- Regular software & hardware patching and maintenance – check
- Scheduled backups with real business continuity – half check?
It is more important than ever to protect your business data as cybercriminals are taking advantage of COVID-19 and exploiting many employees working from home.
Cybercriminals are getting more and more sophisticated in their delivery of malware. Just take Toll Group breach for example. They have been hit twice, in the last 6 months, crippling their business.
Datto experts say that by responding to a cyber threat (that is, paying the ransom) does 3 negative things for your business.
- Tell them that you are a legitimate business. As all phishing emails are spam.
- Tell them that your data is extremely important to the business.
- Tell them that you have money to pay them.
If you have a Datto backup device, you retain the power over your data and simply restore from a backup prior to the incident. Even if your server is totally encrypted by the attack.
The Datto device protects your files on the device and in the cloud. Fully protected and intact.
Simply restore from your Datto device or the Datto cloud and life and the business continues to function as if nothing happened.
I think Datto’s recent blog about Business Continuity DR (BCDR) significantly outlines why they are a leader in their field.
By being proactive and developing a cybersecurity plan can be the difference in successfully defending a breach or losing millions to a harmful attack. Protect your data, privacy and reputation today.
If you wish to know more about Datto or how to develop a solid cybersecurity plan, just reach out via our contact page on our website.
Follow us on LinkedIn: