28 Mar World Backup Day 2019
World Backup Day is this Sunday 31 March.
Not sure if you have heard of the phrase “Your Data Is More Valuable Than Your Device”. From a business perspective, I agree!
What would you do if you lost all your data and had no backup?
Everyone, personal or business, should have a backup plan. Backing up to a regular external device, tape drive or cloud storage is imperative.
Here are some stats that might be surprising:
- 30% of people have never backed up
- 29% of disasters are caused by an accident
- 1000+ mobile phones, laptops and hard drives are lost or stolen each day
- 1 in 10 computers are infected with a virus each month
- 206 days on average before a business discovers it has been breached
Stored within these lost devices are sensitive intellectual property, customer and employee details, and business-critical information. In many cases, the data has never been backed up, which means it’s gone forever.
World Backup Day is a good reminder for us all to back up our treasured data. Businesses should also take the opportunity to declutter their digital data and educate their employees on best practice when it comes to data etiquette.
Here’s how you can take back control of your data:
- Back up at regular intervals
- Apply data protection across all workloads
- Isolate your backups
- Use the 3-2-1 rule
- Test your recovery process
Businesses should take World Backup Day as an opportunity to check whether your security system is tracking data movement – if not, your backups may be at risk!
For more information on what backup solution is best for your business, get in touch with a TCT representative today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: